After completing this how-to you will know:
How to provide network access to be able to download/upload to the Team Server
- Which permissions/settings are required for a Team Server connectivity
Before starting this how-to, please make sure you have completed the following steps:
- Create an account with Mendix here
- Download the Mendix Business Modeler here
- Download or upload a Team Server project in the Business Modeler
2. How to identify you have run into a blocking network issue
The Mendix Modeler is unable to connect to the Team Server and giving an error without any error message.
Step 1: Try to download a Team Server project in the Mendix business modeler on a device (PC/laptop) outside your company network.
If you are able to download the Team server project it would indicate that the security configuration of your company network is blocking access to home.mendix.com and teamserver.sprintr.com. But if it still doesn't work please submit a ticket request on support.mendix.com? For more information on how to create a ticket request in ExpertDesk, please see here.
Step 2: Enter the URL https://teamserver.sprintr.com/ in your browser.
If the same results are shown in your screen as in the screenshot below, then there are no security blockades for your browser. If you receive an error then this confirms that the IP address is probably blocked in your internal network, please contact your internal system administrator to enable access.
3. How to enable firewall access to Team Server
The Team Server is implemented using Subversion and the Modeler uses the HTTPS (TCP) protocol to communicate with that server. To access the Team Server from within the Modeler, the network at your location needs the following settings:
- The HTTPS port (TCP 443) needs to be open.
- The HTTP port (TCP 80) needs to be open.
- WebDAV - verbs within the HTTP protocol - needs to be enabled on the proxy server (if any).
You can look up the IP address of https://teamserver.sprintr.com/, however, Mendix reserves the right, at any time, and without notification to customer, to change the IP address. This could happen if we move to different infrastructure for example.
If needed inform your IT team that the business modeler connects to https://teamserver.sprintr.com/. This will enable them to determine the correct firewall/proxy settings.
The modeler connects with the domains stated below over HTTPS on port 443, these domains should be added to the firewall white list: