This how-to describes how to restore a backup to a sandbox/free app or licensed node.
After completing this how-to you will know:
- How to upload data to a cloud environment
Before you can start with this how-to, please make sure you have the following prerequisites.
- A licensed node available.
- A database file (.backup)
2. Upload Data
- Go to ‘home.mendix.com'
- Click on ‘Dev Portal’
- Go to the projects tab.
- Then select the project where you want to restore the backup to.
- Go to the ‘deploy’ tab.
- Click on the ‘backup’ tab.
- Click on ‘upload data’.
- Select the downloaded database and uploaded files. (These files can be downloaded from other environments) and then click on the restore button.
- Click 'stop and clear' if you are certain the environment has been backed upped.
- The cloud portal will clear your environment and ask to upload the data. Click 'upload'.
- The cloud portal has uploaded the data and can now be used to be deployed to the environment. Click 'Okay' to close the window.